Longreach buys Japan healthcare SaaS player
North Asia buyout specialist The Longreach Group has invested an undisclosed sum in Wellness Communications Corporation (WCC), a Japanese healthcare software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider.
WCC was established as a subsidiary of Itochu Corporation in 2006. Health insurance group Sompo Holdings acquired a 51% for JPY 20bn (USD 153m) in 2019, leaving Itochu with 49%. The core offering spans...
VC investors primed for exit with China Youzan reorganisation
Hillhouse Capital and Matrix Partners China are set for liquidity events after China Youzan, an e-commerce software-as-a-service (SaaS) business listed in Hong Kong, agreed to take full control of its key subsidiary for HKD 2.6bn (USD 334.5m).
Goldman backs Japan taxi-hailing player Go
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) has committed JPY 10bn (USD 75m) in Series D funding to Go Inc, operator of a Japan-based taxi-hailing app.
AVCJ daily bulletin returns May 29
AVCJ’s daily bulletin will not be published on May 26 due to a public holiday in Hong Kong.
Digital bank Tyme wins funding for SE Asia, Africa expansion
Tyme Group, an emerging markets-focused digital banking group with operations in the Philippines and South Africa, has raised USD 77.8m in pre-Series C funding. A portion of the proceeds will be used for expansion into other markets in Southeast Asia.