SoftBank's global technology fund is significant enough to redraw the private equity investment opportunity in certain industries, if not to redraw the industries themselves
Wish secures an extended Series F round to build out its platform that enables Chinese suppliers to sell cut-price goods to US and European consumers
SoftBank Group Corp. has reached a first close of more than $93 billion on its global technology investment fund. A final close of $100 billion is expected within six months.
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) increased its exposure to Asian private equity by almost one quarter over the 12 months ended March 2017. The portfolio reached C$13.4 billion ($9.9 billion) as the pension plan made five direct investments...
Highland Capital Management has raised approximately $147 million for an Asia and North America-focused healthcare fund, having received an anchor LP commitment from South Korea’s National Pension Service (NPS).
Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings has led a $54 million funding round for Smule, a US-based social media music company, to support its expansion in Asia.
Baring Private Equity Asia has agreed a $4.3 billion privatization of Nord Anglia Education, a school operator it took private in the UK in 2008 and relisted in the US three years ago. Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) is also participating...
Sensoro, an internet-of-things (IoT) technology supplier based in the US and China, has received an $18 million Series B funding round from Tsing Capital, Sumitomo Corporation and Bosch.
CITIC Securities has led a $400 million funding round - with participation from CDH Investments and National Venture Capital - for China and US-based electric vehicle (EV) supplier Microvast Power Systems.
Alibaba Group's Ant Financial has raised its takeover bid for US-listed financial services company MoneyGram, topping a competing offer made by US-based Euronet Worldwide last month. The sale will provide an exit for Thomas H. Lee Partners (THL).
US private equity firm Milestone Partners has exited its controlling stake in Sweden and US-based industrial equipment company Quintus Technologies to Japan’s Kobe Steel.
Sino IC Capital, a technology-focused private equity fund manager backed by the Chinese government, has agreed to acquire US semiconductor and electronics manufacturer Xcerra in a deal that values the company at about $580 million.
SDIC Fund Management has agreed to invest $47 million in US-listed energy storage and delivery solutions developer Maxwell Technologies.
Hillhouse Capital and FountainVest Partners, along with Australia’s Seek International, have agreed to buy US-listed Chinese recruitment website Zhaopin in a deal that values the company at $1.01 billion.
US-based PE firm Alinda Capital Partners has agreed to sell Canadian heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) firm Reliance Home Comfort to Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-Shing’s Cheung Kong Property Holdings (CKP) for C$2.8 billion ($2.1 billion).
China Oceanwide Holdings has completed its acquisition of International Data Group (IDG) and now holds a 90% stake in the target’s operating business, with IDG Capital owning the remaining 10%.
B Capital Group - a VC firm launched by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin - has led a $25 million Series C round for Icertis, an India and US-based company that provides cloud-based contract management software.
The Blackstone Group has agreed to exit theme park operator SeaWorld by selling a 21% stake to Zhonghong Zhuoye Group – a Chinese real estate developer with an interest in leisure and tourism – for about $449 million.
US venture capital firms Data Collective and Promus Ventures have joined a number of existing investors in a $75 million Series D funding round for US and New Zealand-based aerospace company Rocket Lab.
US-based early-stage investor 500 Startups has agreed to establish its Australian headquarters in Melbourne after receiving financial support from the state government of Victoria.
B Capital Group has hired former Eight Roads Ventures managing director Kabir Narang as an investment partner in Singapore.
US payment services company Euronet Worldwide has extended a buyout offer worth about $2 billion for NASDAQ-listed MoneyGram, contesting a bid made earlier this year by Alibaba Group’s PE-backed affiliate Ant Financial. The pending sale will provide...
The emergence of internet-connected manufacturing has created a new investment area that will impact adjacent sectors and even entire economies for decades to come. PE is among the early movers
US-based private equity firm Platinum Equity has agreed to buy the Australia and New Zealand businesses of business products supplier Staples.