Japan’s Polaris Capital has agreed to back Panasonic i-Pro Sensing Solutions, a spin-out of Panasonic that will take over the parent company’s security systems business in Japan and overseas.
Polaris will take an 80% stake in the new company, with Panasonic holding the remaining 20%, according to a statement. Panasonic i-Pro will include the parent company’s surveillance camera business and...
The Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), a development finance arm of the US government, will invest $185 million in India’s small to medium-sized enterprise sector.
500 Startups has teamed up with a unit of the United Nations to launch an impact-focused start-up accelerator in Indonesia.
Qiming Venture Partners has led a $37 million Series B round for Insilico Medicine, a Hong Kong-based drug development company that uses artificial intelligence (AI).
Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) has committed up to $100 million to Baring Private Equity Asia’s seventh pan-regional fund.