Everstone Capital has agreed to buy India-based Hindustan Unilever’s bread and bakery business for an undisclosed sum.
Consumer | 09 Sep 2015 |
As e-commerce continues to grow in China, demand for last-mile delivery services that get the goods to the consumer on time and in good shape has yet to be fully addressed. While leading online food-ordering platforms, such as Ele.me and Baidu’s Waimai,...
Venture | 09 Sep 2015
The likes of Uber and Airbnb are looking for strategic partners to help them enter the China market. Can they do better than eBay and Amazon a decade ago, both of which were swamped by local competition
Technology | 09 Sep 2015
Temasek Holdings and existing investor Vy Capital have committed $60 million in funding to Indian online restaurant and event guide Zomato.
South Asia | 08 Sep 2015 |
Paine & Partners’ proposed exit from North America-based seafood business Icicle Holdings to a company owned by Indonesia’s Soetantyo family has been terminated.
Exits | 08 Sep 2015 |
A consortium led by MBK Partners has agreed to buy Homeplus – Tesco’s South Korea unit – at an enterprise valuation of GBP4.2 billion ($6.4 billion). Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) will contribute $534 million to the deal. Other co-investors...
Buyouts | 07 Sep 2015 |
GGV Capital has led a RMB120 million ($19 million) round of funding for Neobear, a China-based company that develops interactive learning tools for children.
Greater China | 07 Sep 2015 |
A consortium led by MBK Partners is said to have been named the preferred bidder for Tesco’s South Korea-based Homeplus business in a deal that could be worth around $6 billion.
Buyouts | 04 Sep 2015 |
Warburg Pincus has led a $45 million Series C round of funding for Capillary Technologies, an Indian cloud-based software provider that focuses on customer relationship management (CRM) solutions.
Venture | 04 Sep 2015 |
Zodius Capital and Malaysian state-controlled investor Khazanah Nasional have committed $40 million in Series C funding to Zivame, an India-focused online lingerie retailer.
Consumer | 04 Sep 2015 |
China’s largest cinema operator Wanda Cinemas has acquired a 20% stake in Mtime Holdings, a Chinese online movie ticketing platform backed by several VC investors.
Greater China | 02 Sep 2015 |
Chemao.com, a Chinese second-hand car trading platform, has raised RMB1.2 billion ($188 million) in a Series B round of funding led by Shenzhen-listed hydropower equipment maker Zhefu Holding Group.
Greater China | 02 Sep 2015 |
A handful of Korean start-ups have achieved valuations in excess of $1 billion as investors look to leverage a mobile-centric consumer base. But how many unicorns can this market accommodate?
North Asia | 02 Sep 2015
Baring Private Equity Asia has acquired a 40% stake in UK-based cereals producer Weetabix and will work alongside Bright Food Group – which holds the remaining 60% – to expand the business in China.
Greater China | 01 Sep 2015 |
Qiming Venture Partners has led a Series B round of funding for Linjia.me, a Chinese mobile app that offers last mile delivery services.
Greater China | 31 Aug 2015 |
Updating your subscription status
The AVCJ Forum is the leading private equity and venture capital event in Asia. For 28 consecutive years, the AVCJ Forum has been the chosen platform where private equity's leading figures share their views on the Global and Asian market, debate their predictions and set the trends that shape the future of investments in the industry. Attended by a thousand senior delegates, the AVCJ Forum is the center of a weeklong ecosystem of investor meetings, VIP dinners and other high-level networking events that are supported by the biggest and most influential firms in the alternative assets industry.
These are important times for the private equity industry. General partners are becoming a more important and influential force in the global markets. With the diversification into other classes of the alternative space, private equity firms are cornering the market for private market investing by offering companies customized solutions for their financing needs. Traditional private equity firms have also upped their game with a renewed focus on operational value-add. Also back on the top are venture capitalists as they fuel the skyrocketing of the technology company valuations. Meanwhile, the Limited Partners community is also evolving with many positioning themselves as co-investment partners and branching out into direct investments while others continue to play the passive traditional LP role.
The AVCJ Forum will discuss all of the above and more. Don't miss the opportunity to keep abreast of all the crucial changes and developments in private equity and take part in the high level discussions that will create the outlook for the industry's future.
3-5 November 2015, Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong